Master of Arts Programme in Chinese - Thai Translation and Interpretation
* Students will responsible for tuition fee and additional costs such as airfares, accommodation, living cost etc. for 4 semesters in Beijing Foreign Studies University.
|Total Credits Required: 36-39||• Plan A2: Coursework (24 Credits) and Thesis (12 Credits)
• Plan B: Coursework (36 Credits) and Independent Study (3 Credits)
Currently, Thailand has forged a strong friendship with China in various areas. As a result, the demand for high-quality translators and interpreters is constantly rising. In response to such demand, this programme concentrates on preparing graduates to be highly skilled in undertaking translation and interpretation tasks between Chinese and Thai, and in applying their experience and knowledge of translation theories to their professions.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
1. Theoretical and practical expertise in translation and interpretation, with the capacity to translate diplomatic papers, commercial documents and literary works, and to interpret for meetings, conferences and dialogues;
2. Expertise in teaching translation and interpretation or in conducting related research, with strong theoretical knowledge, practical skills and researching ability; and
3. Adherence to moral principles and professional ethics, as decent members of society.