|Programmes :||Master of Arts Programme in English for Professional Development (International Programme)|
|Total Credits Required: 36||• Plan A1: Thesis (36 Credits)
• Plan A2: Coursework (24 Credits) and Thesis (12 Credits)
• Plan B: Coursework (30 Credits) and Independent Study (6 Credits)
The principal aim of this programme is to develop professional personnel who possess linguistic and cultural knowledge, understanding and competency, as well as the ability to creatively apply English to their professions.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
1. Ability to apply theoretical knowledge, linguistic principles, understanding of socio-cultural differences, critical and analytical thinking skills and researching skills to personal, professional, organisational and stakeholder development;
2. Skills in communicating and working with other people, especially those from different linguistic, social and cultural backgrounds;
3. Skills in exploiting various bodies of knowledge for efficient researching and research-publishing purposes; and
4. Abidance by the society’s moral and ethical standards, professional ethics and a sense of individual and public responsibility, as members of the global society.