Master of Science Program
- Thursday, Nov 30 2017
- School of Information Technology|c1007b
Master of Science Program in Information Technology
|Programmes :||Master of Science Program in Information Technology|
|Total Credits Required: 36||• Plan A1: Thesis (36 Credits)
• Plan A2: Coursework (18 Credits) and Thesis (18 Credits)
• Plan B: Coursework (30 Credits) and Independent Study (6 Credits)
Thailand’s economic and social development is directed towards adopting knowledge and technology as the basis for economic restructuring. The aim of this policy is to achieve a value-based economy, primarily through adoption of information and communication technology as an impetus to create a digital economy and society.
As computer and digital technology has become a basic necessity for the country’s economic and social development, higher education institutions are required to prepare graduates with advanced expertise in information technology, the ability to conduct research, and the potential to build on existing knowledge and develop more efficient products and innovations. Aware of the aforementioned needs, the School of Information Technology now offers a Master of Science Programme in Information Technology. The primary goal of this programme is to create information technology specialists who possess researching ability and advanced skills in analysing and solving technical problems related to information and digital technology.
The Master of Science Programme in Information Technology was designed to offer intense teaching/learning activities, theoretical and practical emphases, and training programmes focusing on developing problem-solving skills. The teaching/learning activities integrate lectures with multimedia materials, whilst training is provided in modern laboratory facilities, and, moreover, through problem-based learning and project collaboration with the industrial sector.
This programme’s primary objective is to create information technology graduates with the capability of coping with the rapidly changing information technology business and industry in Thailand, in response to the government’s digital economy and society plan and information technology collaboration between Thailand, AEC countries and the international community.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
1. Ability to comply with international standards, with advanced information technology knowledge and skills and the ability to apply them to different contexts and current market demands;
2. Theoretical and practical knowledge of information technology, responding to the public and private sectors’ needs;
3. Ability to create innovations and apply technologies to the digital economy context;
4. Creativity and ability to conduct information technology research and/or studies;
5. Strong communication and presentation skills, good leadership skills and good command of English; and
6. Abidance by moral standards, professional ethics and a sense of social responsibility.