|Programmes :||Doctor of Philosophy Programme in Computer Engineering|
|• Plan 1.1: Dissertation (48 Credits)
• Plan 2.1: Coursework (12 Credits) and Dissertation (36 Credits)
• Plan 2.2: Coursework (24 Credits) and Dissertation (48 Credits)
The principal goal of this programme is to prepare scholars and educational personnel with advanced skills in computer engineering, to accommodate the rapid changes that impact the economy, society and environment. The graduates are expected to possess a superior ability to conduct research, design, develop and create modern technologies and apply them to addressing national- and ASEAN-level computer engineering problems in an ethical manner and in accord with the professional ethics. This programme also equips the learners with a research mind and self-driven eagerness to keep themselves abreast with modern technologies related to computer engineering. Finally, the programme aims at helping its graduates develop their skills in transferring their technological knowledge, technical know-how and academic service ability to society, for the ultimate purpose of enabling the country to achieve sustainable development.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
1. Advanced, doctoral-level skills in computer engineering research and development;
2. Profound understanding of and expertise in component development, which constitutes the core value of innovations and intellectual property;
3. Ability to initiate academic collaboration to create new bodies of knowledge and/or to develop applications; and
4. Advanced skills in knowledge and technology transfer.