Master of Science Program
Master of Science Program in Public Health
|Programmes :||Master of Science Programme in Public Health
|Total Credits Required: 36-39||• Plan A1: Thesis (36 Credits)
• Plan A2: Coursework (27 Credits) and Thesis (12 Credits)
• Plan B: Coursework (33 Credits) and Independent Study (6 Credits)
This programme’s principal goal is to create graduates who abide by the ethics of the public health profession and possess profound knowledge of the science of public health, and efficiently and effectively integrate it with related fields. In addition, the graduates are expected to be able to conduct research and apply its outcomes to creating health innovations and addressing health problems. The graduates are also expected to possess team-working skills that lead to effective cooperation with every stakeholder, which ultimately creates better quality of life for people.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
1. Adherence to integrity and the ethics of the public health profession;
2. Skills in analysing problems and situations, identifying causes of public health problems, synthesising possible approaches to solving such problems, and planning solutions to public health problems, at local, national and international levels;
3. Critical and analytical thinking skills, as well as the ability to produce academic works and conduct research related to public health, to propose systematic solutions to complicated public health problems;
4. Team-working ability, both as leaders and members, with strong human relations skills and readiness to properly cooperate with any stakeholder; and
5. Communicative competence, and the ability to use appropriate and up-to-date information technology to produce and publish academic works in compliance with international standards.